I first started reading articles on the new changes to Internet Explorer (due to the Eolas patent case) beginning last night. Much more was written by this morning. Here are the articles I’ve come across so far…
- “Get Ready for IE Changes” – What Do I Know?
- “Eolas Fallout” – Mezzoblue
- “Changes to IE” – All In The <head>
- “The Eolas matter” – Sidesh0w
- “Changes to Internet Explorer” – Gemal’s Psyched Site
- “Dance, Microsoft, Dance!” – YoungPup
- “Microsoft tweaks Explorer to address ruling” – News.com
- “Microsoft Details Changes to Internet Explorer in Wake of Eolas Suit, Mozilla Foundation Issues Statement” – MozillaZine
First SCO and their UNIX scam, and now Eolas. What’s next? Will Nintendo claim to have a patent on the GUI?
I think Todd Dominey says it best:
Whichever way, the new workarounds will lead to page bloat, additional server-calls, confusion, and additional monetary expense / time suckage for businesses and web developers everywhere. Yay Eolas.